Autism speaks http://www.autismspeaks.org/

http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Portable Water Heater!



So, it started to warm up yesterday before it cooled down again today. The temperature was actually 80 degrees and sunny, so I decided to let Hayden play in his portable pool again. This is after a recent ski trip which had a little indoor pool in the hotel. He always has so much fun in the pool that I said to myself that I would take him to an indoor pool when I get back to Houston. I decided to take him to a 24hr fitness with an indoor pool yesterday, but found out that the 24 hr on post oak and San Felipe has permanantly closed for good. When did that happen? Guess I wouldn't know- ain't like I pump much iron anymore. Anyhow, i just whipped out that little pool we had in our garage and started to fill it with water. But.... The water is so freaking cold- so I filled up a tub of water and carried it out to the backyard and mixed it with the cold water. I repeated this step at least 10x... Tubs and tubs of hot water in and out. That's way way too much work... An excuse for another usable gadget/toy? So today, I am in the market for a portable water heater... I have always wanted one for Hayden because even in the summer sometimes the water is way too cold- I wanna make sure Hayden is not too cold, but prolly just as much that I love gadgets that make sense- I read somewhere too that one may be able to attach a hose to the pre-existing house water heater- or maybe I'll funnel water from inside the house's sink through a tube from Home Depot or something and funnel it outside... It may work...this may work and save some good money.... But I kinda hope it doesn't- hehe



part 2






Yes!!! A $10 solution. Right next to the garage and backyard is our washer and dryer, and the hot water line to the washer requires a standard $10 water hose. So no portable water heater- for now- hehe. ( Times are tough and saving money is pretty damn fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment