Autism speaks http://www.autismspeaks.org/

http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time for "Blamily" (or "Fog")

I have toured the Facebook circuit for a while and I am going back to family blogging. It's just not as rewarding or detailed on that Facebook circuit. It has more of an express feedback and reward system but the gratification is minute and fleeting. It was after reading David's blogs that pushed me over the edge to come back and that I grew to appreciate and understand how gleeful I became wanting more and more of his blogs hoping that it would not end. I felt like I was watching my Netflix shows as I always do... happy to see one episode after another after another and so forth - hoping there would always be more... kind of like how the Vietnamese film Chuong (Asian soap operas) run back to back to back on their VHS tapes back in the 80's. You guys remember those self rewinding machines that the sole purpose was to rewind the VHS tape for the rental stores? Its sole and only purpose was to prevent the viewer from wasting time of rewinding on their regular machine so they can spend more time watching the next episode instead of rewinding the previous episodes.
Yes, I read four of David's blogs all together and it ended for now. But, it leaves more of a soothing long-lasting taste that I can savor and digest. I do not mind waiting for another one so much anymore. I think I will wait a few weeks to read several all at once. Honestly, if David wrote a book, I would breeze through his book and read it continuously. It flows so well and he articulates things in a way anyone can relate to.
As for Facebook... Yes, I am getting a little bored of the less 3 (<3) and the ;) and the lol's and such. I was getting sucked in and started to forget how to write properly (as if I ever could write well anyhow). To add to that, I kept reading the other wonderful blogs. Such as how nifty Madison was and her missed spelling bee word (suspicious). Or Mel's touching last day subbing and what she meant to the kids. Or Michelle's different viewpoints of the same thing. Or the daily ins and outs of my precious godson! (and that "funny face" is freaking insanely hilarious). Or Chi Thu's preferences on people and shows and fashion. And Jimmy's accidental dad was just so cute - posted so many but I have to say the last one I saw was A day with Andrew ( and his car knowledge). And of course..... I gotta pay homage to the creator and starter of this blog frenzy - Without Chi Tram's blogs, I would not know Paulina and Nick nearly as well as I do. Thanks-
(Also, I have to read the other cuz's too, but I catch Anh Vinh, Amanda, Hai and such on Facebook often so I get alot of their lives on Facebook).
So what is going on with our life from my perspective? Its pretty typical family stuff, but in case it isn't and there are some interesting quirks, I will write about it regardless. Hell, even if it is mundane, I will write about it for you guys anyhow. If I happen to have a few cool words to sound more interesting, than I will include it, but I will not look up synonyms or a thesaurus to pretend and be smart or something. It is tough to refrain from trying to write eloquently because I do have so many English connoisseur's in this household. But I digress....
I talk about Hayden all the time so let us change this first subject. First subject?
I just wrote a crapload but I do not want to bore so I deleted it- seriously -



no pictures to share - no proofreading today - tired and not fun to write anymore - next blog will be about growing grass in the summer and winter time.
just kidding of course-

(probably about new exercise regiment, Hayden quirks, fun outings, or home renovations)


by the way, the silly title "blamily" or "fog" is a combination of the "bl" from blog into the word "family" and the reverse combo in case it was too lame to be worthy of being funny

5 comments:

  1. Man, I never knew you had to grow grass. I thought it came with the house.

    I actually never knew those single self rewinding machines were to decrease the delay time between those thousand series video tapes. That actually makes a lot of sense. I thought they existed because it was supposed to save the tape heads in the vcr, which really sounds like a stupid rationale.

    It's funny how often people write about writing, but just to read a family member's writing is nice on its own - how often would we be able to do such a thing 15 years ago? Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up. It made my lunch break more enjoyable as I chomp down on this sad filet o fish sandwich. Remember no meat today. Don't you hate those reminders especially when you have a meat filled dish right in front of you? Hopefully you already ate that burger before reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a family of 9 super awesome brothers and sisters and TWELVE nieces and nephews, it's not that hard of a task to see what's going on in each little family if we all keep a blog! Even if it IS something mundane--sometimes those are the best, because it's more intimate I guess. Who REALLY cares what books I'm reading or what I thought about them, but it's nice to have it out there in case someone does :)

    Anyway, I'm excited you plan to blog more! Now if we can only get Anh Van and HIS family to blog, we'd all be on this thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly missed this blog cause I stopped looking until I saw it on another family's blog list. See, it so rewarding to read a family's blog. Don't stop. I don't care if it is the same thing as Michelle's because in reality, it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anh Vien,
    Thanks for reminding us of those rewinding machines! haha. I almost forgot about those and how my life SO depended on those as a kid glued to these Kung Fu sagas that lasts 50 VHS tapes long! And welcome back to the world of blogging! It's true, blogging and facebook are so different...I think its just so much more rewarding to read a blog. (Though I am guilty of not really updating ours as much!) Anyhow, keep these posts coming.
    Your cuz,
    ~Lilly

    ReplyDelete